The V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games held in Turkmenistan, Central Asia for the first time between 17-12 September, 2017 attained great success. Amazing sports events lasting for 12 days were written into the history of Turkmenistan with golden letters. Tough, interesting events which were rich for new records and which were competed in 21 types of sport were broadcasted live in Asia, Oceania and other countries.
Thousands of guests witnessed the sports events of high global standards in the Olympic Village with alluring brilliance. Lots of medals were gained, new records amazed the whole world and friendly ties were established in wrestling, futsal, 3x3 basketball, equestrian sport, tennis, jiu-jitsu, kurash, sambo and other sports events which were held in 21 types of sports in the Martial Arts sports complex.
As it is clear, 37 new records were kept in the events of “Ashgabat 2017” Games, 11 of that were from the Oceania countries, one was from Asia and one more was the record of the world. The Iranian weightlifter Sohrab Moradi gave the unforgettable moments of the Games to the spectators. In the men’s event of 94 kg, Moradi could make a new world record after 18 years by lifting 413 kg in total.
Turkmenistan managed to keep the set priority in the medal table from the beginning of the Games until the end of it. In the first days of the events, the Turkmen athletes managed to gain plenty of medals and they were awarded with 89 gold ones. 39 of that were from belt wrestling and 23 were from national wrestling. At the end of the Games, the total number of the medals reached to 245.
Apart from that, the Chinese athletes who were not able to fully demonstrate their skills were able to win 42 gold medals in total by plucking up their bravery throughout the Games. Mainly, the athletes from China portrayed an outstanding performance in short-course swimming, Dance sport, and weightlifting and billiard sports.
The Islamic Republic of Iran took the third place in the medal table. The Iranian athletes were the holders of 36 gold medals at the end of the events. They were strong in sports wrestling, taekwondo, and men’s futsal.
One of the important moments of the large-scale sports events of the V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games was the conduction of demonstration events on electronic sports for the first time.
The spectators warmly welcomed the group of participating refugees in the opening ceremony and in the Indoor Athletics complex. We can call Seydi Batyrov as “the boy gold medals” of Turkmenistan. He managed to win six gold medals in total.
The high organization of the “Ashgabat 2017” events, which were the major sports competitions in Turkmenistan, enjoyed the appraisal of globally renowned politicians and the members of the several high-level sports organizations:
The citations of famous politicians and members of sports about Ashgabat Aziada:
Vladimir Putin, the President of the Russian Federation:
- The V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games enjoyed a great success. Ashgabat and the whole world had made immense preparations for this major event. I highly believe that, all the programs of Turkmenistan in hosting international tournaments will be carried out with success; the gained experience and established sports complexes will be efficiently used in the future.
Emmanuel Macron, the President of France:
- Hosting the events of vital importance during 11 days in the Turkmen capital turned Ashgabat into the sports capital of Asia and this tournament reached the level beyond the region. These games directed the attention of sports fans of the world to Turkmenistan. The spectators opened a new light about the natural beauties and heritage of your country. They also experienced the inherent hospitality of the Turkmen nation.
- You invited the athletes from 19 countries of Oceania and its surroundings. In connection with this, I feel a great pleasure in mentioning that athletes from two parts of our country situated in the Pacific Ocean-French Polynesia and New Caledonia represented the French Republic in the V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games.
Miroslav Jenča, the Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs of the UN:
-The events held in Ashgabat were the best ever in the history of the V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games. These games increased the international reputation of Turkmenistan. This event will be beginning of vast and long-term cooperation in the new field that is sports of Turkmenistan and the United Nations. Such events of high level enhance the international cooperation, and help to strengthen friendly and active relations, to establish trust and mutual understanding in the whole world.
Sergei Lebedev, Chairman of the Executive Committee - Executive Secretary of the Commonwealth of Independent States:
- In preparations for regional and international conferences held in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan has always approached with utmost responsibility and initiatives in shouldering the entrusted tasks. “Ashgabat 2017”Games were held in high organization and attracted great call from the world.
Nursultan Nazarbayev, the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
- “Ashgabat 2017” Games was the major event of historical importance showing the openness to active and positive cooperation in tranquility, friendliness and mutual respect trends. The personal contribution of the Turkmen Leader in reaching the humanitarian purposes of the Olympic Movement is of great importance.
Emomoli Rahmon, the President of Republic of Tajikistan:
- Turkmenistan, the place of great events, is becoming one of the centers of the international sports centers. It is the subsequent global recognition of large-scale works of the Turkmen Leader in this field.
Mohammad Ashraf Ghani, the President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan:
- Turkmenistan made preparations to the games as the major sports holiday and great social –political event directed to strengthening friendly and brotherly relations, mutual trust and cooperation.
Mamnoon Hussain, the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:
- “Ashgabat 2017” Games achieved great success. The games like these aiming to strengthening friendly international relations, mutual trust and understanding between countries and nations on global level reach beyond the levels of the region.
Igor Dodon, the President of the Republic of Moldova:
- “Ashgabat 2017” increased the global prestige of Turkmenistan. The organization and hosting of the large-scale events contribute to activating international cooperation, strengthening friendly and active relations, and establishing trust and mutual understanding in the region and the world.
Serzh Sargsyan, the President of the Republic of Armenia:
- The new achievements of Turkmenistan have been continuously observed by the world. The large-scale positive changes expanded in developing sport enjoy great support. The sports structures constructed in the Olympic Village of Ashgabat utterly amazed everyone.
Shavkat Mirziyoyev, the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
- The athletes from Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan take active part in the sports events held in two countries. The tournament of Aziada-2017 was the next giant step in strengthening sports relations in the region and different countries of the world.
Rustam Minnikhanov, the President of the Republic of Tatarstan:
- I was impressed with the opening ceremony of the V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games. Turkmen sport has reached to new quality frontiers. Turkmenistan is becoming the center of large-scale international competitions. All of these witness that V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in Ashgabat were held on great organizational level.
Ogtay Asadov, the Parliamentary Speaker of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
- “Ashgabat2017” Games increased the global reputation of Turkmenistan as the country representing renovation and widespread development. The implementation of the Asian Games in Ashgabat clearly represents the recognition of major efforts of the Turkmen Leader in developing sports and international cooperation in this field. The perfect organization of the opening ceremony in the Olympic Stadium and all the works connected with the preparation to the events deserve high estimation.
Toshiaki Endo, the Minister of Tokyo Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the head of Parliamentary Association of Japanese-Turkmen Friendship
- In connection with the start of the V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in Ashgabat, the Declaration of Turkmenistan and Brazil "On Encouragement of Valuable Contribution of the Refugees Olympic Teams to Consolidation of Peace and Human Rights", adopted on the Turkmen party’s initiative at the 36th session of the UN Council on human rights is of great importance.
Irakli Kobakhidze, the head of the Parliament of the Republic of Georgia:
- I am very happy for my visit in the Independent, Neutral Turkmenistan. The Turkmen state has joined among the rapidly developing countries and announces its power as the country of sports.
Sheikh Ahmad Al Fatah Al Sabah, the President of the Olympic Council of Asia:
- Ashgabat 2017 Games have come to an end but we will never forget wonderful time spent here. The Games had a great success and all of these is owing to great efforts and attention of His Excellency the President of Turkmenistan.”
Robin Mitchell, the head of the Oceania National Olympic Committees:
- Turkmen sport has acquired great development paces. The personal contribution of the President of Turkmenistan, Gurbanguly Berdimuhammedov who devotes great attention to the development of this field is of major essence. The first place of Turkmen athletes in the medal standings of the Asian Games overtly express this feature.
Vasiliy Shestakov, the President of the International SAMBO Federation (Russia):
- Ashgabat Aziada was a decisive event in sambo. Sambo was included to the program of the Asian Games in the Executive Committee of the Olympic Council of Asia held in the country. I would like to congratulate the fans of this sport with the new era of the sport. The approval of this glorious resolution will make a great impact to the Olympic future of sambo. Next year is the 80th anniversary of the creation of this sport and sambo wrestlers of the world can widely celebrate the competitions in December 2018, which will be held in Jakarta.
Tegla Lorupe, the head of the refugee camp:
- These Games provided an opportunity for Turkmenistan to take its worthy place as the country capable of organizing large-scale tournaments in the sports sector of the world. Because of the support and hospitality of Turkmenistan, the participation of the Oceania countries to the games is a special pleasant condition. With the joint efforts of Asia and Oceania countries, hosting the Asian Games in the white marble capital city will make its positive impact on the further development of the global sport. The participation of the one third of the countries of the world to the games held in Ashgabat is the clear result of the noble peace-loving trends. These games play an important role in provision of peace in the world, and development of mutual understanding relations.
Source : Atavatan Turkmenistan News Agency (ATHA)
Resmi Line Hesabımız
Line İD : @atavatanjournal
Resmi Twitter Hesabımız için
Resmi Linkedin Hesabımız için :
Resmi Facebook Hesabımız için :